The Canadian Alzheimer’s Disease Research Symposium (CANAD) is aimed to bring together Canadian scientists and health professionals from the field of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. In detail, the CANAD mission is to:
- Provide a platform for communication and exchange among Canadian researchers and health professionals;
- Share current findings and identify future needs for Alzheimer’s disease research in Canada;
- Provide an up-to-date resource of research tools and experimental methods;
- Offer an opportunity for students and residents to meet peers and Canadian leaders on Alzheimer’s disease research;
- Promote Canadian Alzheimer’s disease research at the provincial, national and international levels
The CANAD 2014 symposium is open to all scientists, health professionals, and trainees interested in Alzheimer’s disease research and related dementia. Representatives from biomedical and pharmaceutical industries, government agencies, caregivers, patient advocacy groups, and interested laypersons are equally welcomed.